Eli turned 5 on February 15th. It's hard to believe he's already 5 and will start kindergarten next year. Every year I let him pick out a cake that he wants me to make. I got off fairly easy this year because he wanted a skateboard cake. I think it turned out nicely. The background is green because he wanted it to look like it is on grass. You're actually looking at the underside of the skateboard since that is where the designs are colors are on a real skateboard.
Eli is such a sweet boy. He still loves his little blue blanket and sucks his fingers every night in bed...I don't think he'll ever stop! He's starting to express interest in sports and loves EVERYTHING outdoors. He can get along with just about all kids and is very sensitive.
A couple neighborhood kids came over for cake & ice cream. Uncle Lurch even made the trip up to help us celebrate.
One of the gifts Scott & I gave Eli is a new pair of cowboy boots. He has another pair that are about too small and the snakeskin is worn off of them because he wears them everywhere, with anything and during any season! He was pretty excited for the new pair!
Little sister had to try them on too.
Eli's just recently started trying out Lego's. He really likes them and got 2 new ones for his birthday. So far the little pieces haven't been an issue with the little kids.
He was pretty shocked when he opened a card from Grandma & Grandad...money! He got money from Mamaw & Papaw too. This kid has more money than me!
Another gift from us was a Bengals hat. He's decided he's a Bengals fan now.
And the last surprise of the day was a Bengals jersey. He's been wanting one of these for months so we forked over the money and surprised him. On a side note, the NFL is making a killing on these jersey's for kids...I couldn't believe what they charge for these things!








