Tuesday, September 4, 2012

1st Day of School!

Today was the first day of school for Emery & Eli.  We had a good amount of time here in Minnesota to get settled and for the kids to make friends this summer.  I think it made starting a new school a little easier. 

All the kids were up and ready to go about an hour before we had to be at the bus stop!  We have a later start so the bus doesn't come until 8:54.  Big time 3rd & 1st graders this year!

Here's the early bunch down at the stop.  Everyone was all smiles & ready to go.

All the parents were there too.

I think Elese was a little sad that she wasn't going to school.  Birk & Jeanne are her friends on our street and they both went to kindergarten today.  She'll start preschool on Friday and she's super excited!

As it got closer to pick up time the crowd got bigger.  Today was super hot and humid so we were all sweating by the time the bus came!

Oh the picture all the Mommies have been waiting to see...kids getting on the bus!  There were a few happy dances, a few tears and for me a good feeling of seeing my kids grow in their independence.  Having 2 at home today felt different and  very quiet.  The blessing is that Elese & Eliot became best friends and had a great time playing together.

Eli was a little nervous but excited too.  He came home and told me that he met a new friend at his table named Lucas.  Now I can start praying that he and Lucas make good choices and are good influences for each other.  I'm a little nervous because the 1st grade is large and the class size is bigger than I expected.

Emery was up and on that bus before I even knew it!  I didn't even get a hug from her...such independence :)  She had a great day too.  She claims that 12:05 was way too late for lunch and she was starving!  She also told me about a little girl in her class who is blind.  Emery must have taken it all in because she was very aware of this little girl.  What a great experience for her class this year.  I'm excited to hear all about the journey.