Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

It's Valentine's Day!  Our Valentine's tradition is to have a nice dinner as a family.  We break out the candles, fine china & most importantly, the kid wine!  This is such a fun tradition for us and one that the kids look forward to ever year.  This year we decided not to get each other gifts.  Instead we chose to focus on loving one another.  Scott and I each wrote what we loved about each child.  During dinner we took turns reading them out loud to the kids. 

Here's the table all set and ready to go!

The kids always love to see the place cards...it's the little things I've learned that mean the most.

Emery & Elese got all dressed up for dinner.  They chose the perfect dresses and Emery even asked to put on makeup.  Eli wasn't too interested in changing (you know boys!) so I let him make his choice.

Scott & I got engaged on Valentine's Day 1998.  It seems like yesterday!

The menu:  roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables & gluten free red velvet cupcakes!

I did give 1 gift for the family...our blog book of 2011!  The girls were checking it out after dinner.

The kids had some Valentine's to open from Aunt Michelle & Uncle Brad, Uncle Jason, Grandma & Grandaddy, Mamaw & Papaw.



Let me tell you about the cupcakes.  I tried a new recipe which was a BIG mistake!  There weren't any reviews on this recipe and I blindly trusted it.  The homemade icing was delish but the cake portion was terrible.  So bad that you couldn't eat therm :(  Eliot didn't seem to mind though!
 
Emery was such a good sport.  She was trying so hard not to hurt my feelings but after the first bite I could tell she couldn't even stomach them.  She said, "The icing is good Mom!"  All I can say is lesson learned!
This is my wish for all of you on this Valentine's Day...1 John 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God