Well, we are not big time football fans but we do have a few Super Bowl traditions! We started off the day at church. After naps we got a little outside play time. It wasn't super warm but it was sunny and warm enough to get out and enjoy the day.
I just had to capture this moment. Eliot & Elese were having a conversation...I'm sure she was telling him exactly what he needed to be doing! Yes, she put that outfit together herself :)
Love the mud on the lips, cheek, shirt cuffs!
And here's what the bottom half looked like. Before we came out front, Eli & Eliot were messing around out back in the mud. I'm just thankful that Eli's old rain boots finally fit so I'm not washing out his shoes 24/7.
The big kids always help prepare our Super Bowl menu. Every year we have appetizers for dinner during the big game!
We made chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate dipped marshmallows for dessert. Both were a big hit!
The menu: veggie tray (gotta have something healthy), bacon & cheese potato skins, grilled buffalo wings, Kelly's queso (yummy) & the chocolate dipped fun!
We moved the party to the basement this year and ate picnic style while watching the game.
Emery's favorite marshmallow was the one rolled in Reese's chips. I loved them all! We dipped them in chocolate and then rolled them in peanuts, Heath bar, Reese's, chocolate chips, sprinkles & even tried Snickers. If you've never had dipped marshmallows you should give it a try...super easy & delicious!
Nothing like holding a chicken wing in one hand and a chocolate marshmallow in the other! These 2 ate their weight in desserts. :)
We were all laughing because Eliot kept going around giving hugs & kisses after we ate...such a sweet boy!













