Monday, November 7, 2011

Laundry Room Makeover!

I know it's going to seem a little crazy to some of you, but I have just recently given the laundry room a makeover!  Check it out and see what you think.

Before...a little white!

I am so thankful to have a spacious laundry room and even more grateful that it's on the 2nd floor!

When we moved in Scott installed the counter top for me to use as a folding station.  This is also where I make 6 piles for the clean clothes.  The baskets under the counter just didn't work.

The shelves were a mess mainly because getting to them is not easy.  I would literally just toss things from the ground up there...as you can tell.


Drum roll please!!!  Ta-da!

I stumbled on these baskets at Big Lots for $3 a piece!  The vase is a Home Goods (my favorite place:) find.

I love the gray color scheme with black, white & a pop of yellow.  I just didn't know where to put the colors in my home.  The laundry room was a perfect place!  Chessa recommended the chevron stripe pattern for the window treatment & I LOVE it!

I painted small ovals and then wrote the labels.  I attached them with Velcro.  Getting to the stuff on the top shelf is much easier now.

I chose this saying because it's just so true in our house.  It's above the folding station.

I love how the counter top and sink is now covered with beautiful burlap skirts (thanks to Chessa)!

This is my new laundry organizer...love it!  It came for the Container Store & is actually a ball organizer for the garage.  I think I could use another one but I don't have enough room.

I made these labels (lights, darks, whites) using ovals and left over fabric.  It adds a cute touch.

I'd like to add a few photos but just haven't found what I like to display them on.  Stay tuned for more pictures!