Tuesday, January 3, 2012

1st Snow!

Monday was the last day off for both the kids & Scott.  We had plans for the day but suddenly everything changed when we got up that morning.  I woke up to some whispering in the hallway by Emery Grace, "Eli is SNOWED!"  I knew it would be non stop until they got out the door to experience it first hand!  They love playing in the snow and don't mind the wet, cold or the wind.

Eli & Elese were the first ones out the door.  Isn't it just beautiful?  They headed out back to check it all out.

Oh, Eliot.  We are going to have our hands full with this one!  He will NOT be left out of ANYTHING.  He fussed and fussed at the garage door until we bundled him up and let him go outside.  Thankfully we have all the 2T boy hand me downs from Eli...even the boots!

Eli's growing up on me...such a sweet, sensitive little boy.  Eli loves being outside rain, sleet, sunshine or snow!

This was the scene after all the bundling.  At this point I didn't even have my snow clothes on so I was taking shots from the garage.

Emery plopped right down to make a snow angel.

Elese quickly made one too!

I think Eliot went through about 3 pairs of gloves.  None of his are waterproof so they get wet rather quickly.  Do they even make waterproof  gloves for a 2 year old?

Snow tastes pretty yummy!

After playing around for 20 minutes or so, Sydney & Donovan came out and wanted to go sledding.  So, we all headed down the street to sled...a first as a family in the Jackson house!

We didn't want to carry the little ones down the street so we brought out the wagon and loaded them up!  Elese & Eliot were thrilled :)  Yes, Scott has his coffee!

Oh the fun we had!  The last time Scott and I went sledding was the winter after Emery was born (2004).  We are now at a point where all the kids are getting bigger and I can see so many more times of us sledding as a family.  

Eli was such a daredevil!  He didn't care how fast he was going or which direction...he LOVED sledding.

Who would think that a 2 year old would love sledding?  It didn't matter that his cheeks were bright red, his nose was running and the wind was terrible!  This boy was in his element.  On a side note, check out the 2 little mommies making sure Daddy was doing it right with Brother Bear.

Ready to go again!

Elese took a couple of turns with Casey.  She loved it too!

So I had to get in on the action.  Eliot & I grabbed this saucer sled (not a good idea) and took off!

When the sled got turned around I knew it wouldn't be good.  We quickly dumped over and down we went.  Mind you I was laughing the entire time...not realizing that Scott was capturing every moment.

Just making sure my Brother Bear was okay.

As we were walking back to the house I looked at Scott and said, "I see the light baby!  We have so many fun experiences right around the corner.  I had so much fun today and so did the kids."  Eliot cried the whole way home...he was not finished and did.not.want.to.go.inside! :)