Today was Emery's 7th birthday! It's hard to imagine that 7 years has come and gone. Emery is my oldest and will always be special to me for that reason. Scott & I feel like we've learned the most while learning to parent this precious child. Emery is such a joy and is so like me that some days I'm not sure if we'll survive...& we aren't any where near the teenage years! Emery loves school, fashion, socializing and wants to be outside all the time. This summer she will be busy with Girl Scout camp, tennis camp & spy camp.
My pics got out of order but here we are outside of Texas Roadhouse after dinner. Emery loves Texas Roadhouse & asked to go there to celebrate.
Opening presents from us!
This was her favorite! She's been asking for this pony for some time now. She was really surprised that we remembered.
Elese is trying out the long sundress that we gave to Emery. Emery is very particular about her clothes & if the dress isn't touching the floor, it's just not right. As you can tell, she's more interested in the pony.
Blowing out the candles. Right before this she said, "I know exactly what I'm wishing for!" Peyton & Bailey came over for a quick cupcake & play time.
Guess who enjoyed their cupcake?
This is how it looked this morning when she got up. She was excited but then bummed when we wouldn't let her open the presents before school. :(
Eliot had a ball playing with her balloons today. Look at that smile!
After naps we headed up to the bus stop to get the birthday girl. Eli wanted to wear his Bengals jersey today to match his cast. He still wasn't feeling well but did get outside for about 30 min. or so. It breaks my heart that he has a look of pain/sickness in all these pictures.
I snapped a quick pic before we went to swim lessons and then out to eat.
Emery requested ice cream cone cupcakes this year. This is the easiest birthday cake I've ever made! 7 cupcakes in the shape of a 7.
Two sweet girls with Daddy! These two have him wrapped around their fingers...seriously!
My boys & me.
Several waiters & waitresses gave Emery the old Texas "Yee Haw!" She was super embarrassed but I think she enjoyed the attention.