Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Pantry Makeover~Complete!

The pantry is now complete!  Such a transformation and everyone seems really happy with the improvements.  I think I'll attack my laundry room next. :)

The first thing I did was empty the pantry.  This made a HUGE mess in the kitchen.  I was also very overwhelmed with where to put things.  It almost seemed like it would have been easier if the pantry were smaller.  Next, I started putting the containers where I wanted them.

Here's the after picture looking in.  I love the 3 Lazy Susan's in the center of the shelves for canned goods and one for oils.  I could probably use one more at the top for the extra stuff from Sam's.  I might add that later.

The top shelf is my extra Sam's Club stuff...not ideal but I think it looks better than before.

All the baskets and boxes have labels.  I'm bummed that you cannot read them in the pictures.  Anyhow, it does make things much neater and easier to find.  Some of the lables are...after school snacks, gluten free pasta, instant cereal, breakfast bars, plastic ware, baking needs, salty snacks, sprinkles, pbj fixins, pancake fixins etc.

The salty snacks are now under control and in 1 basket.

On the floor under the last shelf is a big basket that holds all the lunch boxes.  Before they were shoved under there and out of control.  The same basket is on the other side and holds my potatoes.

My favorite part is probably the cereal.  I took the cereal out of boxes and closed the bags with natural clothes pins.  I wrote the name of the cereal on the clothes pin and put a "GF" if it's a gluten free cereal.  We've used the pantry for a week now and the kids love it...and so do I!