Sunday was a very exciting day here in the Jackson family. Emery made a decision to be baptized! Scott & I are so proud of her for making her decision to follow God public with baptism.
Our first born...such a sweet girl and mighty leader. God has big plans for you Emery Grace. We are more than thrilled to be your earthly parents and can't wait to see what God has in store for you. No matter what, we will always love you and support you.
Carrie Hughes is the director of Children's Ministries at church. Carrie & her husband Randy are such great leaders for the kids at church.
Here we are waiting for the right time during the service...all baptisms are in front of the church.
Emery was given the choice as to who she wanted to baptise her. This is a memory that I will cherish forever...and I hope she will too.
Making a public declaration to the church.
I now baptise you in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
Congratulations Emery!
Wow, it really hit me that Emery is growing up. I am so happy for her but sad that she's getting bigger everyday. What a glorious day!
We had a nice lunch to celebrate after church. The menu was italian chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes & carmel apple crisp. Thank you Mom for all your help cooking!
There were a couple of presents too! A real gold cross from Grandma & Grandadaddy. What a gift to always remember this special day. Love that face! Thank you :)
A prayer angel from Uncle Lurch! Thank you :)
A baptism photo album & cup like Mom & Dad!
Aunt Michelle, Uncle Brad, Keith, Kylee & Kate couldn't be here but sent a gift for the celebration. A beautiful necklace with Emery's birthstones and a devotional for girls. Thank you :)