Last week Emery's school had a roller skating party. It was Emery's first time to roller skate. I rented a pair of skates as well and off we went...or down we went. :)
Emery & Isa having a snack. I didn't have the heart to tell Emery that she couldn't drink the Pepsi...just glad Dad wasn't there!
At first there was a lot of hanging on the railing. As the evening wore on, both girls were skating without holding on. Honestly, I was so surprised at how Emery reacted. I thought she would be discouraged and she fell time and time again and was never once upset. She got right up with a smile or laugh and tried again!
I had to laugh at this. Emery & Isa wanted to request a song...seriously! I was totally having flashbacks from middle school at the skating rink. I always requested Michael Jackson.
Mom & daughter shot
By the time Katelyn made it to the party Emery was feeling more comfortable on skates. Katelyn is a pro and good ol' peer pressure made Emery get out there with her. Both of them had big smiles the entire time!
Elijah was there too. This kid must have gone around the rink at least 50 times...he was dripping wet by the time he left.
Our neighbor Casey was celebrating her birthday. How fun is it when your birthday is the same day as the skating party? Happy Birthday Casey!