Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Flintstones, Meet the Flintstones!

Last Halloween Scott and I decided that from now on we would dress as a family for Halloween.  We thought it would be fun and build family unity to go with a theme.  So, we sat down together and went through a list of ideas until we all agreed on the Flintstones!  Luckily the kids have seen some reruns of the show on the Boom channel.

Here's the picture that my Mom and I were using as our inspiration.

While we were in town a couple of weekends ago, we got started on all the costumes.  I have to tell you that my Mom is such a trooper!  We didn't have a pattern...just our pic of inspiration, fabric and a sewing machine.  On a side note.  I always remember Mamaw Pogue making Halloween costumes for Jason and me.  It was a tradition and now my Mom is helping that tradition carry on.  :)


Even Grandaddy got in on the action.  He was helping my with Wilma's necklace...I knew he would have the best idea on getting a small hole throw all of those balls.

At this point Fred's costume was almost complete.

Here we are at church for the Trunk-or-Treat and pig roast.  Our costumes were a big hit!  I think Eliot is wondering what we are doing...he soon found out as soon as he saw all the candy in his bag.

How cool is this?  Meet Barney, Betty, Fred, Wilma, Peebles & Bam Bam!  We all kept laughing at Scott's black hair...it was so funny looking.