Sunday, March 18, 2012

Jackson Family Cast #2

Emery came home from school complaining of her foot  a week ago.  She slipped on a jump rope in gym class and had to sit out.  By Wednesday she was in pain & limping.  Off to immediate care she went with Scott.  I was pretty surprised to find out that she had fractured it in 2 places.

The day after immediate care I made her stay home.  She needed some time to get used to the crutches and she didn't get home until 10:30 the night before.  She was mad!

I'm not sure how much rest she actually got...the boys were all over her about those crutches!  I mean seriously, watching tv & holding them?  Scott told me later that the nurse told Emery, "Don't let other kids play with your crutches!"  In true Emery fashion she.took.every.word.to.heart!

Two days later we made the trip down to Cincinnati Children's fracture clinic.  We were a little nervous about the time frame.  Emery & Scott had a dance that night so we needed to be home quickly.  After a look at the x ray and feeling her foot, they recommended a cast.  Just last spring Eli was in a cast for fracturing his leg.  We are starting a Cast Hall of Fame in the basement!

Emery was thrilled to be getting a cast.  She said, "I was praying for a cast so I can dance tonight.  I need a boot so I can dance on it!"  The cast guy TJ was a riot!  He was goofing around and having a grand time in the casting room.

Our appointment lasted a total of 2 hours...which is exactly what they told me to expect.  We were out the door and didn't run into any traffic on the way home.  Praise God!  We had just enough time for eating, hair & make up before the dance!