It's hard to believe that I've been a Mom for 8 years now! I still feel like I just had Emery a couple of years ago. The cool thing about Mother's Day now is that I feel like I have 4 different celebrations...one for each kid!
Muffins for Mom was my first celebration. Elese was so excited for me to visit her classroom. The thing I love about this picture is how great Elese looks. Right now she is in perfect health and both her liver & celiac #s couldn't be better.
All the kids sang the Mom's a few songs. I know, "Where is Elese?"...
There she is hiding behind me. I took this picture over my shoulder because for some reason she wouldn't go in front of the parents and sing the songs.
Mrs. Essleman called each child up to hand out their special Mother's Day gifts. Little brother went along to help...ha! ha!
This is the special gift that Elese gave me. Isn't that adorable?
Eliot & Eli LOVED the muffins (for the Mom's you know) and took down 2 a piece. Elese wasn't too interested in eating the fruit.
The 2nd celebration was at Chick-fil-a for the Mother/Daughter tea! It was so cute. They had waiters waiting on us, table cloths and served our meal on plates. The girls had no idea what the doilies were for and put way too much sugar in their tea...so funny! The girls loved it and I had a good time too.
Katelyn, Chessa & Sidney came along too.
At last it was Mother's Day morning! Scott had the kids all helping make the traditional breakfast in bed. Funny thing is, it sounds like a zoo down in the kitchen as Scott is trying to pull it all together. I'm not suppose to know that because I'm "sleeping in"!
They all came in smiling with arms full of cards & gifts. They are so good to me!
Elese ran into her room and grabbed this one from school once she realized that each of the kids had given me a card. Look, she's so proud :)
My gift...iPhone! Can you believe it? Look at Emery & Elese...they're so excited! Now, look at Eliot...cheeks full of my toast as he grabs my oranges too. If I could read his mind it probably would say, "Okay, she's not looking at me and she'll never notice her oranges gone." I swear the only thing left for me to eat was the delicious omelet. Thank you baby for putting onions, peppers and all the stuff the kids don't want to eat!
My 8th year of being a Mom has been great! I have many pull my hair out moments but I always remind myself of that song "You're gonna miss this" because it's so true. God has blessed me with four children and I am forever grateful. I would not be the mother I am today with Scott's support. He helps me to become better everyday.











