One of my all time favorite things to do is pick strawberries. I remember picking them as a kid and loved every minute of it! Strawberry season came a week earlier this year because of the early spring. This was such a bonus because last year the strawberry crop was terrile because of all the rain. I took the kids (minus Em) last week to a local strawberry farm.
This was our first time to Stokes. It was a nice farm...very clean, organized & they were excited to see the kids!
When we first got there Eliot wasn't quite sure what we were doing. After 5 minutes he was going to town on the strawberries! He also touched every hose, spickett & farm equipment in the patch. He had to figure out how it all worked.
Eli enjoys strawberry picking and has been many times. We laughed on the way there about the first time I took him strawberry picking. Every strawberry he picked he took a bite out of it before he put it in his bag. It was so funny that I took a picture of the bag with all the 1/2 eaten strawberries.
Doesn't Elese just look like she belongs in the patch? I didn't plan that but looking back she looked pretty cute!
Eliot followed Eli around the patch...literally standing right beside him. I love how you can see all 3 kids at once.
I promise they did way more eating than picking...which was fine with me!
Sweet boy!
The nice ladies at Stokes gave Elese a little quart container but she wanted nothing to do with it. She was DETERMINED to use her bag!
Group shot :) One of the Stokes kids took this picture for us. He is an Eliot too & it is spelled just like our Eliot!
Do you see all the ones she decided weren't good enough? We went over which ones to pick but she still managed to get a few that weren't quite ripe. No worries, just toss them on the ground!
It was such a nice morning with the kids in the patch. Here's a shot of all the beautiful berries we picked.










