Monday, August 22, 2011

Panda Mania!

This year I was able to work as a crew leader for Vacation Bible School at our church.  Our theme was Panda Mania and it was a blast!  I really enjoyed getting to know the kids so well.  We sang, dances, ate candy & snacks, played games, crafts, learned about Jesus and most importantly had fun!

Here's a shot of my group on the last night.  We were on the Green team and our team rocked!  I had 8-9 kids in my group all week...most of them were there all week!

Mr. Tim (our neighbor) was in charge of the games.  Let's just say that Mr. Tim LOVES water so pretty much every night the kids got soaked!  He even had a gigantic slip-n-slide made out of a tarp on the last night...what fun!  This was probably the favorite station each night...aside from the snacks. :)

We also had a craft station.  Eli's working really hard on his bag.

Our neighbors Jake & Jenna came a couple of nights too.

Jenna & Emery hard at work on their bags.

All week the kids collected an offering for a special mission.  This family goes to our church and adopted this little boy Rixon from the Marshall Islands.  Our goal was to raise $3,000 to send his birth sisters back in the Marshall Islands to school.

I'm proud to say that this group of kids (about 150 or so) was able to raise over $3,000 for the Marshall Islands in 1 week!!!!  I had tears in my eyes as Ms. Carrie announced to the kids all that they had done.  We were also able to send school supplies and food to the Marshall Islands.  Because the kids brought in so much money, Ms. Carrie promised the kids to get slimed and to shave.her.hair...seriously!