Monday, August 22, 2011

Rite of Passage...a Bible!

For the past couple of months Scott and I have been talking about Emery being ready for her first bible.  We have the baby bibles but we felt she's finally ready for the real thing.  The perfect opportunity came the night before she left for gluten free summer camp.

Grandma & Grandaddy were visiting with us that night.  They were actually kind enough to take Emery to Michigan and drop her off at the gluten free camp.

Scott & Eli hanging out.

Eliot was all pj'd up and ready for bed.  Yes, that's my goofball husband...kind of scary!

Scott bought the bible for Emery.  He did a nice job picking out the perfect one!

Such a big milestone!

Here's an up close shot.  I love the engraving he picked out.

Scott & I showed her how to read it and how to look for certain things.  We're hoping that this is the bible she'll have while she grows into a young woman.